Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wickets in java

Very recently I jumped into a new(for me) framework of java "Wicket", being a fan of Cricket my first impression was "howssss that?" and with passage of time it started becoming reality "hows that?". But was interesting and is still interesting and hope so it will be.

I started this blog and series of posts in future to share experience and expertise with guys who too are looking at framework "Hows that?".

What I felt that Wicket was introduced to fight with statelessness feature of http requests on a server i.e. when a request comes to server it has no idea of previous state of request from same user i.e. no history was maintained by server for different request. In Wicket this was made possible i.e. when a request comes to server the state of that request is stored on the server in the form of WebComponents. Every change of web page is maintained on server through versioning.


No comments:

Post a Comment